If you encounter this problem of vMotion failing at 10% with error “Is not Necessary module loaded.”
then here are the steps to restore vMotion functionality:
To workaround this issue:
- From ESXi command line, run this command to load the module: esxcli system module load -m migrate
Note: It may be necessary to run this command on the source and destinations ESXi hosts.
- Connect to vCenter Server through the vSphere Client.
- Select the ESXi host and click the Configuration tab.
- Click Software > Advanced Settings.You see that Migrate.Enabled is set to zero because the module was not loaded earlier.
- Set Migrate.Enabled to 1 and click OK.
After this your problem will be resolved.