Before downloading Netapp ONTAP simulator you have to register on Netapp site so that you can proceed with download. You can register at Netapp Site Registration
After registration click on the below link to start downloading your product.
Before start using the simulator keep a note of supported hardware platforms and operating system versions or supported versions of virtualization software’s If you are planning to run this simulator inside it. I have listed below some requirements:
- Dual core 64-bit Intel® architecture laptop or desktop
- 2 GB RAM for one instance of simulator
- 3 GB RAM for two instances of simulator (4 GB recommended)
- 40 GB free disk space per instance of simulator
- Hosts running a 32-bit OS require VT support for Intel® based systems or AMD-V (SVM) for AMD® based systems. The feature must also be enabled in the BIOS if not enabled by default.
- VT support for Intel® based systems
Supported Operating Systems and Applications:
- Windows system
- Microsoft Windows® XP, Windows 7, or Windows Vista
- VMware® Workstation 8.0.1 or 8.0.2, VMware Player 4.0.1 or 4.0.2
- Mac system
- Mac OS X Version 10.6.8
- VMware Fusion™ 4.1.1
The Simulator is available in both 7-mode and Cluster mode.