The VMware vExpert program is VMware’s global evangelism and advocacy program. The program is designed to put VMware’s marketing resources towards your advocacy efforts. Promotion of your articles, exposure at our global events, co-op advertising, traffic analysis, and early access to beta programs and VMware’s roadmap. VMware will provide you with a unique vExpert id that will allow insights into analytics to help understand customer trends to assist you and keep your advocacy activities on track.
The awards are for individuals, not companies, and last for one year. Employees of both customers and partners can receive the awards. In the application, we consider activities from the previous year as well as the current year’s activities in determining who gets awards. We look to see that not only were you active but are still active in the path you chose to apply for.
Become a vExpert today and join the 3 million member customer ecosystem and amplify your efforts and ours. To apply read more information atblogs.vmware.com/vmtn/2014/11/vexpert-2015-applications-open.html
Here are the main steps from application to award announcement:
- Application Path.Choose which path to becoming a vExpert most applies to you.
- Evangelist Path. For book authors, bloggers, tool builders, public speakers, VMTN contributors, and other IT professionals who share their knowledge and passion with others with the leverage of a personal public platform to reach many people. Build up your presence in the social realm by maintaining a blog, speaking at events, writing white papers and books, participating in VMTN forums, etc. In general, we look for a sustained social presence in the previous year and current year.
- Customer Path. For leaders from VMware customer organizations who have been internal champions in their organizations, worked with VMware to build success stories, act as a customer reference, given public interviews, spoken at conferences, or were VMUG leaders.
- Partner Path. For employees of our partner companies who lead with passion and by example, who are committed to continuous learning through accreditations and certifications, and to making their technical knowledge and expertise available to many. VMware employee reference is required for this path.
- Submit Application. Complete and submit your vExpert application. Be sure you have included all relevant information and links so that your application can be easily evaluated. Don’t be afraid to give us too much information. Please ready the full 2015 vExpert application announcement atblogs.vmware.com/vmtn/2014/11/vexpert-2015-applications-open.html
- Application Review and Voting. All applications for the given time frame will be reviewed and voted on by the team corresponding to the application path selected (evangelist, partner, or customer).
- Notification and Announcement. After the announcement a list of the individuals most recently awarded the title of vExpert will be posted in the vExpert forum and on the VMTN blog at blogs.vmware.com/vmtn on February 5th, 2015.
- New vExperts will need to fill out the complete application and returning 2014 vExperts will only need to fill out the fastrack application.